Monday, November 15, 2004

Fauna!


spiderman_vs_spoke
Originally uploaded by spidy_mn.
I thought because I was inside I would be safe. How wrong can one spiderman be? Halfway between the coffee table and the bookcase I was surprised by a very large rat. I immediately sprang into a battle readiness pose as the beastly thing reared on its hind legs. I started to put it into a headlock, and it responded by licking my hand. I would have been able to handle biting scratching, but licking! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was so startled by this approach that I released my hold. In my stunned surprise the creature could have done me much damage. Instead, it opted for mostly sniffing and licking. It did knock me down, but I think that was mostly from over exuberance on it's part. When I recovered I beat a hasty retreat to the top of the bookshelf. I think that the creature is not hostile, but it's ways are strange to me. I seemed to form a friendship with it by offering it noodles which it would consume with great enthusiasm. Perhaps it is no threat to me, which may explain why my spidy sense didn't tingle to warn me of it's approach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home