Sunday, November 14, 2004

Arriving in Minnesota


brace_in_box
Originally uploaded by spidy_mn.
The trip was not what I would call pleasant. "Water bottles are excellent packing material" he said. "Third class postage won't get mishandled" he said. Well. Just so you know. Water bottles might seem like excellent packing material, but when you're riding third class postage being tossed, hammered, beaten, shaken and left out in the rain they make very poor traveling companions. In the end I had to brace a water bottle on each side and push off the side of the box just to stop them from continually crushing me. After about the fifth hour my calf started to cramp and then things became *really* unpleasant.



Maybe I'm just cranky because it was a long trip. I think I'll go find a place to sleep off this box-lag. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I'll be able to explore my new home some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home